Friday, December 2, 2011

Review: Deceive Her with Desire by Nina Pierce

Deceive Her with Desire by Nina Pierce

Book Blurb:

A woman determined to protect her heart…
 Landscaping in Delmont, Maine hasn’t been DEIRDRE TILLING’s only passion. Up until two months ago, it had included a live-in lover. Jilted for the third time in as many years, Deirdre’s decided to give up on love. But a one night stand with a dark haired stranger she met at her new employer’s party may very well thrust her into a world filled with danger and dark secrets.

An agent hell bent on proving himself…
 DEA agent, AYDEN SCOTT, has a lot to prove after a disastrous drug bust in Miami three years earlier that left a member of his team dead. Working undercover as lead investigator, he’s determined to bring down an elusive drug cartel smuggling heroin into central Maine. He’ll use any means necessary to complete his objective, including sleeping with the suspected drug Lord’s landscaper, Deirdre. He just hadn’t expected the feisty redhead to be so much more than long legs and dangerous curves.

One night that will change their lives forever…
 Deirdre and Ayden both thought one sexually explosive romp in the sack would be the end of their relationship. But Deirdre’s arrest for heroin possession and her father’s near-fatal heart attack prompts Ayden to confess his true identity. When Deirdre is kidnapped by the drug cartel and used as a pawn, Ayden is forced to choose between his heart and his mission. The question is…who will survive his decision?


My Thoughts:
Fantastic story! I fell in love with the characters.  Ayden is fabulous, Deirdre is amazing.  I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading this one, but I was pulled in and couldn't put it down.  It's a love story, but so much more than that.  It tells a tale of love and loss, deceit and trust, faith and friendship.  It questions what a person is willing to do for someone they love.  I wasn't expecting the twist at the end.  I'm usually good at picking how the plot will play out, but I was so caught up in the romance and the relationships that I wasn't looking for the end to come.  
Well written, edgy and romantic.  I went and bought books 1 and 3 as soon as I read the last page of Deceive Her with Desire ~ can't wait to have time to read them too!

1 comment:

Nina Pierce said...

I am soooo glad you enjoyed the book! I just loved writing this series. Thanks for taking time to read and review. (and for posting it on Amazon. Mwah!)