Sunday, May 23, 2010

Monday's Mailbox!


What are you reading is hosted at One Persons Journey Through a World of Books and Mailbox Monday is hosted at The Printed Page.

In my mailbox this weekend:  Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead
Thanks so much to Christie at The Fiction Enthusiast - I won this book on her blog contest and it came on Saturday!!!


I also got to meet Robin Hobb!  Which of course means MORE BOOKS!  I went to Uncle Hugo's Bookstore in the Twin Cities with my friend Kathy on Saturday and we had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with Robin Hobb!  I am a new fan and so only had three of her books in my library before the signing...now I have 8!  I also found an author who I have not read so I thought I would try them out as well. 
Karen Miller is her name - leave me a comment if you have read any of her stuff, I would love to know what you all think. 
Sorry the above pic is so small, but there were so many books to list: 
I will list them below from left to right!
Robin Hobb:  Dragon Keeper, Dragon Haven (The Rain Wilds Chronicles), Forest Mage, Shaman's Crossing, Renegade's Mage (The Soldier Son Trilogy), and Assassin's Apprentice, Royal Assassin, Assassin's Quest (The Farseer Trilogy).
Karen Miller:  The Innocent Mage: Kingmaker, Kingbreaker Book 1 and The Awakened Mage: Kingmaker, Kingbreaker Book 2.

19 comments:

Paula Calvanico said...

Awesome on meeting an author!!! I am such an airhead, wanted to go to Charlaine Harris' Dead In The Family signing in Los Angeles and I completely missed the date :( boy was I mad.

Paula
Tomes Devotee

Beverly said...

Paula - sorry you missed Charlaine Harris! I wish she would come to the midwest!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

I have heard of Hobb before, enjoy the books!! Congrats on winning Spirit bound!

Christina T said...

I hope you enjoy Spirit Bound. I thought it was fantastic!

Lover Of Romance said...

I hope you enjoy!!!! Looks way good!!! Looking forward to the review!!!

Dazzling Mage said...

Ooh, great books this week!

Happy reading. =)

kavyen said...

Hi

I have something for you here. Please stop by and get it.

Kavyen
http://readingbetweenpages.wordpress.com/2010/05/24/awards-really-for-me/

The1stdaughter said...

You got some really great books this week! I am truly dying to read the Vampire Academy series, well anything by Richelle Mead for that matter, but my TBR list is too long currently! And you got to meet an author this week! I absolutely love that, so so much...as you already know.

Thank you so much for stopping by my site and for the fabulous compliment you left! I really appreciate it!

Hope you have a fantastic reading week!

Anonymous said...

I always think: if you get to meet an author, sure you are allowed to buy some more books by that author! Enjoy reading them!

Anonymous said...

All your titles look great. I believe I have a Robin Hobb around here, I'll have to go looking and see what it it. Hope you enjoy your books!

jlshall said...

Haven't heard of any of the authors or books you mention, but they do sound interesting. Meeting a favorite author is a real treat, isn't it? (Well, depending on the author!) Hope you enjoy all your reading this week, and thanks for visiting my blog!

Robby said...

Man I need to get started on those Vampire Academy books. :]

robsad79 said...

I loved Spirit Bound. When you're done with it, you'll wish the last book was here :).

Sue Jackson said...

Hi, Beverly -

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. It's always fun to meet authors. Our family got to meet Brian Jacques at a signing a few years ago - my oldest son (15 now) is a HUGE Redwall fan and the signing was great - he told stories to the crowd and took time to chat with each person in line for the signing.

I'm fascinated by your profile blurb - 200 high school students in a reading club? How did you manage that? I was just looking at my son's yearbook yesterday and the photo of their book group showed only 6 kids!! You must have a great program...

Sue

Cat said...

What a wonderful selection of new books you have.

Happy reading!

Aleksandra said...

I'm so jealous :) Robin Hobb's series are on my must-read list, but still haven't started them! I probably will in the summer! Happy reading & I'll check Karen Miller's books, too!

Staci said...

Robin Hobb rocks. You can not go wrong with any of her books!! Enjoy your great reads!

Jessica Lawlor said...

Hope you're enjoying your reads this week!

Josette said...

I'd love to read Spirit Bound but first I would have to read Frostbite so I can follow the series properly. :)