Monday, April 27, 2009

Thing 29: Google Tools

letter G Copper Square Letter O Letter O ...whiz L E letter T o40mex Wood Scrabble Tile O L letter S
Thing 29!
Alerts were the first tool that I explored for this thing. I set up an alert for anything about D.J. MacHale. He is (if you follow this blog you know this!) one of my favorite authors and now I can get fast info about what he's got coming up! I also set up an alert for Scott Westerfeld as I am currently waiting- not patiently - for another book like the midnighters books.
**This is a feature that I think could be beneficial to the library ~ we could set up alerts for authors on upcoming book releases and visit dates - only to scratch the surface of this tools usefulness.
Calendar was the other tool that I explored. I mentioned the calendar in thing 28 - but really found it to be a great tool when I checked it out more. I love the event feature that pulls from your email! I tried the quick add button on the calendar, but I don't like it as well as the create event spot.

No comments: