Saturday, March 29, 2008

Thing 21: Beyond MySpace: other social networks

Thing 21:
I joined Gather and Web Junction just to check them out - but I don't know how much time I will be able to devote to them.
1. (Read articles) ~ Thanks Nan for the proper link to the first article!
2. (Join Ning group and do at least 2 items on list) ~ I have finally been successful!!! It took me the last 25 minutes to get my ning badge onto my blogspot, as you can see in the post right above this one - I have finally gotten it in there! Wow!
I have gotten all signed up for the 23 Things on a Stick Ning. I uploaded my photo and as I said I have gotten the badge onto my blog, my two items on the list. I feel that my day is now complete!
3. (find another social network of interest) ~ I looked at many of the choices and have decided that 43 Things is too many and I already make too many lists for this to be a site for me. I did like GoodReads, but I have already commited to Library Thing and simply can't do both. I also checked out the Whats on my bookshelf, but decided that the founder looks younger than my son and seriously - I don't have any desire to trade my books. Shelfari seems the most interesting to me - I love the want spot, I haven't found that at Library Thing yet (I am not saying it's not there, just that I haven't found it). I talked to a woman on Monday who uses Shelfari and loves it, but like I said - I already have Library Thing.

I found it! I have joined the YA Lit in School Libraries Ning too!

No comments: